Monday, February 05, 2007

More Phrases...

(one)
God be praised for His prayerful people,
For bent and bending hearts of stone,
For those who gather beneath His steeple--
May their hearts be not skewed and strown.
Though their souls be weak and feeble
And the shadow of a darker evil
Casts itself across their home,
God hold their hands and make them fearless,
Grant them ears that they hear this:

They shall rest before Thy throne.

(two)
Hark! Screams the raging blunder
Rolling in on rattling thunder
No homage nor woos can appease or calm her
There is in you pride to sunder
Marked in your raging blunder.

(three)
O, I know Beauty, I’ve seen her oft
Standing upon her pedestal aloft
Singing on her blissful chorus,
That the world may echo back
And our hearts too sing from us.




(More premature thoughts that stand alone, but ought they? The Lord is merciful, that I have hit such a creative slump, in which I am faced with my own ends. I am poor in my words. Lord be praised, for I see my ends.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Lemon said...

The words will come. I really like all of these phrases (including the one in the previous post). Don't be discouraged!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the first is such a grateful song; you could add more but i'd leave it alone. it's inspiring.

the second is brilliant, the mental picture of a black choice rampaging through the safety of normalcy is more than familiar.

the third is a beautiful start, but there seems to be something wanting ... you have more to say for that one, don't you?

they're lovely, sir james, i dont know why you see them as the product of a 'creative slump'.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

your first one...what an encouragement. it really spoke to me that God hears our prayers when we pray and praise him. (and i've been doing a lot of that lately...) i've been feeling that my soul is week and feeble. thanks for the reminder that we'll rest before his throne. good job for sure. keep at this, you'll be a great poet.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home